The appointment of a new CMO at Taulia accompanies the posting of record results
Taulia announced impressive results yesterday and at the same time named their new CMO, Barbara Holzapfel.
In their press release they highlight some achievements which further confirm their leading position in the Supply Chain Finance Market which appears to be growing at a phenomenal rate. The highlights include:
– New customers signed during the fourth quarter will bring 50,000 suppliers in 71 countries to the Taulia platform, and an additional $65 billion in spend.
– Taulia’s momentum in the retail and healthcare industries continued to surge with the addition of two of the world’s top 10 retailers as customers, along with a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer and one of the largest US hospital networks.
– The company broadened its reach in a variety of verticals, including the addition of three new manufacturing customers.
– Taulia surpassed a major milestone during the quarter, making more than $50 billion of affordable financing available to suppliers in more than 100 countries.
– The company maintained its stellar 100 percent customer renewal rate.
– KPMG and Taulia announced a strategic alliance to help the world’s largest organizations transform their financial supply chains to realize savings and improve supplier relations.
– After being named one of the best workplaces in the Bay area for the past two years, Taulia was honored as a 2015 National Best and Brightest Company to Work For®.
– The company raised more than $46 million in Series E funding, led by Zouk Capital, bringing total funding to more than $130 million.
– Taulia named seasoned Silicon Valley financial executive John Varughese as CFO. Varughese joined the company from Perella Weinberg Partners, where he built and ran the technology advisory practice.
– The Taulia platform has processed over $150 billion in transactions for 700,000 suppliers
Barbara Holzapfel Named as CMO
Taulia has strengthened its executive team with the addition of Barbara Holzapfel as chief marketing officer. In this role, she will lead all elements of marketing and communication, including product marketing, brand building and demand generation. Holzapfel will report to CEO Cedric Bru.
“Barbara is a powerhouse with deep expertise spanning strategic marketing and operations across industries, combined with a global perspective,” said Bru. “From incubating SAP’s supplier relationship management business to driving significant growth through innovation strategies, she has time and again proven her leadership and marketing savvy.”
Holzapfel joins Taulia from Addepar, a technology platform for financial services, where she served as the company’s chief marketing officer. She previously spent 12 years in leadership roles at SAP, including SVP and managing director of SAP Labs North America, senior vice president portfolio marketing, and vice president supplier relationship management. She drove business growth through innovation strategies and incubated the startup ecosystem, unlocked new revenue opportunities through customer-centric marketing strategies, and developed new business models. Prior to SAP, she worked as a management consultant in London after spending several years in strategic marketing at The Coca-Cola Company in Atlanta. Holzapfel received an MBA from the University of Michigan and a business degree from Universität des Saarlandes in Germany.
“Taulia is a truly exceptional company with a powerful vision on how to transform the global financial supply chain through modern technology, market-leading products with fast customer adoption, and an extraordinary leadership team,” said Holzapfel.
We’d like to add congratulations to Barbara Holzapfel on joining the very talented Taulia team.
Pete Loughlin can be found on twitter @peteloughlin